North Vista Secondary School has a long and illustrious history. It started as Gan Eng Seng Government Chinese Middle school in 1956 and was renamed as Thomson Government Chinese Middle School in 1958, before it merged with Thomson Vocational School to be known as Thomson Secondary School.
When Thomson Secondary School was relocated to Sengkang Town on 15 December 2000, its name was changed to North Vista Secondary School. The Chinese name of Thomson Secondary School (德 新 中 学) was maintained to preserve its historical links with the new school.
During its existence of more than five decades, the school has produced many outstanding individuals who have made their mark in society and contributed to the development of our country. They include politicians, senior civil servants, army officers, corporate leaders and sportsmen.